Hey hey yall! What’s good?
Greetings from Joburg!! It’s cold yall, it’s brick yoo, but I’m homeee! Hehe
So what are we talking about today? Me! Okayyy that sounded conceited. I did think however, that, when I follow blogs, I love to learn a little more about the people behind them. So, without further ado, here are 25 facts about me… If I can get to 25 facts. If I do though, prepare for some of them to be extra random! Either way, I’ll try to capture a little about me here 😊
My name is Méguy Grace Massoudi
I was unsure until the age of about 18 whether my name was written Meguy Grace or Méguy – Grâce. Now I know the Grace doesn’t have that accent. I still put the accent on the Méguy but… Was it really intended like that in the first place?
My dad told me I was from the Democratic Republic of the Congo, when I was about 15 years old. Back when my parent got together Congo Brazzaville-Congo Kinshasa unions were kind of frowned upon (very popular now). So my dad took on the Congolese (Brazzaville) nationality and that was that.
- Hi, my name is Méguy.
You want to get my heart rate up? All-expense paid shopping trip? I'm thereeee!
5. I am still kinda, sorta, afraid of the dark.
6. I’ve never seen most of the classic movies that I believe should serve as a right of passage for… I don’t know what really lol, but some examples are: Men in Black, Bad boys, Friday, the Rocky Balboa movies, and the list goes on!
7. I am crazyyyy competitive! And I just broke rule number one of being competitive: Never reveal you are competitive. That way you sneak up on them before they realize!
8. By the age of about 16, I had the worst potty mouth ever, and though I no longer do, I was always allowed to swear in front of my parents (just not at them haha)!
9. My favorite book is called The Ice Cream Girls, by Ghanaian- British author Dorothy Koomson.
10. My favorite author is Sophie Kinsella. I. Love. Her. Writing.
11. I have read 6 out of Jane Austen’s 7 novels and loveeed them…Okay Mansfield Park was challenging and took forever to finish, but still.
12. My favorite type of music is rap.
13. I love me some Frank Sinatra too!
14. Sometimes I need earphones in my ears soo bad, it’s like the music is actually giving me life!
15. I saw Abba live once, and I didn’t know who the hell they were. A few weeks later, I saw them on VH1 and realized it had been a big deal to see them perform.
16. Though having traveled a lot with my family, I have never, ever seen snow.
17. My favorite type of movies are Romantic comedies.
18. I cry in front of just about any movie. Remember in High-school Musical 2, when Troy and Gabriella momentarily broke up (The ‘I’ve got to move on and be whoooo I am’ part)? Yeahh, I cried at that part.
19. I’ve never dated.
20. I’m not sure I know what love is, nor if I’ve ever experienced it romantically.
21. I am however “drunk on the idea that love, only love, could heal our brokenness.” (Christopher Poindexter).
22. I am an empath. Often, because of it, I feel almost ill to the point that I cannot do much.
23. From the age of about 12, I dealt with an unhealthy body image, and forced myself into a thousand and one diets. It is something I still battle with, though getting so much better.
Lord, two more… What else?
24. I loveeeeee taking pictures. Point me to where the camera is at! I am therreee!
25. When I get into a Telenovela, if I miss an episode, I literally get heart palpitations! So… I banned Telemundo from my life. I’m not trying to get a heart attack because I missed an episode of La Impostora.
Yassss! I got to 25 hehe! I’ve always wanted to do this but ain’t nobody ever tagged me! (Insert stank eye emojie here).
Now I even want to add a bonus one chaii! Okay, allow me to add this: I am in love with Disney!! (Not the Founder, the creations)
Cinderella is my favourite Princess, (No I'm not too old to be typing this and no shade Meghan lol).I was a huge fan of Disney channel original series (That’s so Raven, Wizards of Waverly Place, Good luck Charlie…) and a surprise trip to Disneyland has been the definition of dreams coming true before ^^
Okay, before I find more to say, I’m out!
Thank you for reading, and until next time,